Thursday, January 18, 2018

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 7/17 - Summer dayz 🔥🔥🔥

Well, it's been another glorious week!

Me and elder Stucky have done a lot of walking this last week, and man
let me tell you, when I first came into this area I felt jaded because
I just got out of a car area, and I had to ride a bike again, but now
I'm starting to feel pretty grateful for bikes! Walking is pretty hard
on your body, especially when you're walking miles and miles each day,
I couldn't tell you how many miles we walked this week, but dang it
was a lot. What a blessings to have bikes, even if they break down a
lot.

Well we got some exciting things coming up, all of you Utah mormons
know that the blessed day of the pioneers is coming up, which is
pretty big here in California, we have a couple activities planned
this week that we are going to get a few people to come to, not to
mention we are planning to take Lauryn to the temple this Saturday!
It's going to be so awesome! She's definitely the most normal person
I've ever taught, from my experience the church seems to attract a lot
of odd balls, but at the same time it attracts the best minds, the
hardest workers, and leaders, it's really interesting to me. Lauryn
comes across to me as someone that will be relief society president
someday she's so awesome and if amazes me again and again her love for
the gospel. It's going to be a good week! We're trying to take her mom
to the temple too so hopefully her heart can be softened and she
Lauryn can get baptized sooner.

In this area of the mission we get a lot of attention, I kind of like
it when we are the center of attention haha, people are always staring
at us and pointing at us, we're defiantly a novelty around here.
While people are driving past in their cars I can make out the words
"The mormons"  on their lips as they point through the car window. I
think it will be weird to just be a regular guy when I come home and
not have people looking at me all day, to instill fear in people as I
walk down the street picking what poor saps door I will knock on.
Being a missionary is a lot of fun sometimes, it's really a once in a
life time experience.

Things are going well here, there hasn't been a lot of changes here,
but the ward is awesome and they help us out a ton, not to mention the
youth really help us a lot, it's so easy to get fellowship from them.
The church is true, Jesus Christ died for us, but he continues to live
for us, and I know that the Book of Mormon will help us come closer to
God. I've seen it in my own life, and I've seen it in the lives of
those I have taught, until next week.

Elder LeBaron
614 West Foothill Blvd, Arcadia, California, 91006

No comments:

Post a Comment