Thursday, January 18, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 9/11 - Hello guys :)

Hello guys :)

This week was really interesting. And by that I mean it was one of the toughest weeks of my entire mission. But we made it through, and Sister Blake is an absolute champion, I'm so proud of her.
 We had a couple of really hard conversations with some of our favorite people.  But by the end we had been helpful there, and learned a lot about ourselves, and we think things will start to get better again. We've been fasting and praying a lot, and the Lord has definitely comforted us. The day we knew we needed to go over,  I was studying in the Book of Mormon, and came across a scripture that our district leader had read to us a few days before. It was Alma 26:5-7, about how we have seen thousands of lives changed by the Gospel, and God won't let our efforts be wasted. He wants to protect and keep our recent converts too, and things will all work out. And then I read about how Heavenly Father comforted the sons of Mosiah in Alma 26:26-28 when they were so worried that they weren't making any progress, and things were just going to get bad. But they went anyways, relying on the mercies of God, and  it gave me just enough courage, and just enough faith, to go over to that house anyways. And you know what? I think everything is going to work out just the way God needs it to. 
A few other things were hard, but it's all good. It's a new week, and those other things will probably blow over too. Here are some positive highlights from the week! 
-The smoke is mostly gone and we can breathe a little easier now! :D Yay! We didn't die from smoke inhalation, and we can see the mountains again. 
-We got to go to New Missionary Training and talk to Elder Williams, who is basically famous here in Plummer. 
-We got to make another huckleberry pie, and have "Pie and Cry" time after we had that one really hard day. 
-CODEY IS ON DATE TO BE BAPTIZED ON SEPTEMBER 30!!!! Transfers will be Sept 26, so we are crossing our fingers that we'll still be here for it. If not, I just want everyone to know that this kid is one of my best friends, and I beat him at nerf war on Saturday. ;)
-Sister Blake and I got to help a lady dig 6 kittens out of her wood pile, and they were adorable! I'll have to send some pictures. 
Anyways, that's the basic summary of my week. I sure love you all so much. Thank you for all the prayers and support! It means so much to me :). I hope you all have fabulous weeks! 
Love, Sister Johnson 


Here is our district at the temple on Tuesday! :) 




Here's some smoke pictures. Usually you can see a mountain there.
 



 Also a picture of Sis Blake eating dinner. Mama ain't here to tell us what to eat. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment