Friday, January 26, 2018

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 1/22 - Find Joy in the Journey



Hello friends and family!

I don’t mean to pat myself on the back, but this is the third email in a row that I’ve sent, so that’s pretty good. It’s better than ignoring you guys for a month at a time, sorry about that haha. 

This week has been kind of slow, but it was a pretty good week! We started it out with a zone activity last P-day. We had a BBQ and some fun games. It was the most fun zone activity I’ve had my entire mission I think. I’m probably in one of the coolest zones. Everybody is really relaxed and easy to get along with. The sisters are really low maintenance which makes my job as District leader a lot easier. We played a game called Wilson ball which is the missions rendition of dodgeball, it never ends, it’s pretty 
fun. 
 
 

Did you know we were going to have a baptism this week? No, well me either! Apparently the zone leaders were teaching someone in our area and didn’t tell us, typical, haha. The stake president found out and made them more wards so we had their baptism in our ward. We were scrambling for a few days trying to get everything set up. Their names a David and Shonna, they both recently came to America from China looking for better opportunities and freedom. David was recently baptized and had the privilege of baptizing his wife, it was a pretty spiritual experience that I was delighted to be apart of. I may have not been there for their lessons but I am grateful to know David and Shonna, and experience their great enthusiastic spirits. 
 
 

We haven’t done a very good job at finding this week, and it seems like everyone in our teaching pool has either dropped us, or is ignoring us. Eh oh well. I’m at a point in my mission where I’ve done a lot of reflection and you just gotta roll with the punches. Up to this point, 95 percent of my mission has been trying to find people, through long summer days, never ending contacting, and being willing to let someone slam the door in your face one more time. The other 5 percent I would say has been the pure joy of working with people that are prepared to receive the gospel. I have met and worked with people that have changed my life, and it’s been what has made my mission a pure bliss. That 5 percent is the most meaningful thing that I have ever experience thus far in my life, and for that I am grateful. The mission is about laughing when it’s hard, working through the tears, making friends with your companion and just cracking jokes through the rejection. I’ve been feeling really grateful for my mission lately, and even though I’m not home quite yet I’m excited to make the most of the next some odd 4 and a half months I have left. My sister Alyssa shared with me and reminded me of one of my favorite quotes by Thomas S. Monson and I wanted to share it with you as well. “Find joy in the journey now” this life we’re living is pretty short, so make the most of what you have now. Love the people that matter most to you a littler more, smile, laugh. Find happiness through the trial, find peace through our savior Jesus Christ, who bore all things for us. “Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.” 

tell the people you care most for that you are grateful for them and what they do for you, most of all, tell them they are loved by you.  

"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved."
-Thomas S. Monson 

I hope you all can find happiness and peace in your lives today, I hope you can feel gratitude for all the many blessings our Father in Heaven has bestowed upon you and your family. He loves us and will forever stretch his arms out to us. Thanks for the inspiration Alyssa. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Elder LeBaron 

The last picture is us having lunch with our ward mission leader, he’s Samoan and he is so much fun haha. 



No comments:

Post a Comment