Thursday, January 18, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 7/17 - Hi guys!

It's been a good week here! Here are some pictures of some of our adventures.
I celebrated my 1 year mark by getting Zips, because I wanted to have a huckleberry shake.
 
 
 
  And while it was really fun to eat fried mushrooms and drink that shake in the moment, I can promise you all right now that I will never ever eat at Zips again. I know I said that last time I ate there, but this time I'm serious, Zips is out. Two thumbs down for the punishment I received. 

Also Sister Hulsey and I got to volunteer for Plummer Days! It's the local celebration, and we got to help set up and stuff :). And we looked way cute, if we do say so ourselves. Sister Hulsey curled my hair because she's the nicest.



 

And we got to eat a ton of junk food, including a fantastic pulled pork sandwich, which this random returned missionary paid for out of the blue. Literally have no idea where he came from or where he went, just came up and was like "Hey I'm paying for whatever the sisters are getting", talked to us for 2 minutes, and disappeared. Tender Mercies. :)


CONTINUED...

Sorry, I couldn't attach more pictures to that email.... and I'm really too lazy to write one big email today, so here's part 2!
We were traveling out to a member's home for dinner down in Tensed, and decided to go on an adventure to DeSmet (because we've never been there.... because everyone tells us how ghetto and evil it is and stuff....). Turns out DeSmet is actually pretty ghetto, and we won't go there without a member to try to find people to teach. But! We did find a beautiful wheat field, and decided to take some fantastic pictures with it :).
 
 





 
 
 "The field is white" here in Plummer, in more than one way! And we're going to try our hardest to harvest :). It was a fun little break for us.
Then we got to go to the best lesson ever, and the Spirit was so strong! We taught about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, using Luke 22:40-44 (what happened), Alma 7:11-12 (what Christ suffered), D&C122:7-9 (what we know because of His sacrifice), and D&C123:17 (what we can do with our freedom from sin). It was a really incredible experience, I loved it so much :).
Being a missionary is seriously the coolest thing ever. I'm so excited to be here in Plummer with Sister Hulsey, and all the sweet people I've been able to meet. I'm just SO PUMPED AH! It's going to be a really good week :).
Love you all so much!
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment