Friday, January 19, 2018

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 9/18 - Cool weather is here

Hey everyone!

This week was a little crazy! We had to go to Glendale on Tuesday to
go to Elder Collings follow up appointment, we couldn't get a ride so
we had to take a couple busses and the metro. Glendale is pretty close
to L.A we are on the farthest section of the mission east and Glendale
is the farthest section west of the mission so it took awhile to get
there, our bus didn't come we were in the middle of Pasadena and we
were going to be late to our appointment, after a quick prayer Elder
Collings called a recent convert he had, and they were able to give us
a ride there! It was pretty cool to see, it's little things like that
that make me realize that God is very aware of us in our lives. It was
pretty fun riding the train and buses that far away, I always like
people watching. While we were at a stop on the train some guy was
running as fast as he could and threw two pack packs in the doors
right before the train doors closed, it was super scary it seemed like
it was some sort of terrorist attack or something, but apparently the
guy was trying to jam the door so he could run on and get his wallet.
It definitely terrified me a little bit, the back pack landed right in
front of me and my comp I thought we were going to die. But luckily we
were all good, it's a little scary sometimes you never know what
people are going to do around these parts of L.A there are some real
crazys we talk to every day.

Well this week has been good for us, we have been doing a lot of
finding again, knocking on a lot of doors and talking to literally
everyone we see, handing out restoration pamphlets left and right. We
are just trying to teach anyone who will listen, and it's super fun,
we run into all sorts of different people, we got quite a few
investigators this week which is super cool, but it doesn't seem like
a lot of the people are very solid, but we will keep trying to sift
out those prepared people.  I love sharing the gospel with people
there is nothing that brings me more joy

Yesterday when we were walking down the street there was this
pomegranate tree, and the fruit was really ripe, elder Collings
grabbed one and was trying to open it, but he couldn't get it. So I
grabbed it, not really knowing what to expect, I pulled at it, tried
to get my fingernails in there but to no avail it was still unopened.
Finally being sick of this, I decided it would be easier to just break
it in my hands.. well it worked, but it was also super juicy. I got my
shirt and slacks pretty good, I had to walk around with this pink
stain all over me until dinner, but the members were super nice and
washed my shirt after they let me use one of theirs, what a blessing,
to my surprise the stains came out ! I thought all my clothes were
done for, the Lord works in mysterious ways.

Well I love all of you, just so you know my birthdays coming up, if
any of you want to send me things. ;) I love things so I'll just leave
the mission office address below for you guys to make it easier!

Elder LeBaron

614 West Foothill Arcadia, CA 91006

No comments:

Post a Comment