Friday, January 26, 2018

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 1/1/2018 - Happy New Years!

I hope everyone had fun welcoming the new year, and is ready for all the upcoming adventures, and challenges that will surely follow.

Things have been pretty old around here. The area that I’m serving in is really cool. We have a lot of diversity in the area, including people and places. Alhambra has a lot of cool things, it has a pretty cool downtown, it always seems like people are are up to so,etching around here. Most of the people don’t even speak English, because there is such a high population of Asian people here. It’s pretty fun. We also cover East L.A and Boyle heights which is all Spanish... so pretty much no one speaks English here. Me and Elder Hansen have been doing a lot of finding this week. We don’t have anyone really in our teaching pool so we have to build it all up. Ugh, mission life. It seems like my entire mission has been finding. I’m excited to see some results though. Something I’ve learned is that any time you work hard, you will always see results, always. Maybe it might take a little longer to see, but the results always come. 

All the sisters that came out with me are home! What the heck. They went home last transfer... and I’m still here! It’s just crazy. At the same time I’m happy to be able to have the opportunity to refine my missionary skills. 

Being district leader has been pretty fun too, I have a pretty cool district, and so we can have a lot of fun. Today we are going to get pedicures, next week we are going to go to the driving range. It’s fun to try different ways to motivate people. I’m also super grateful for the zone leaders in this zone, they are super cool, and it makes my job a lot easier. 

There was a guy we ran into the other day, we helped him move. When we were I. His house he told us that his dog was famous and had been in a lot of korean dramas. So that was super cool. Couldn’t deny that photo op.
 
 
 
 I also met the drummer from the band Red Bone, he’s a former in our teaching pool so that’s cool. If you guys have seen Guardians of the galaxy they are the first song “come and get your love” so I definitely got a picture with him. 
 
 
 
Another picture in here is me with all the Chinese missionaries I served with in a couple zones ago.
 
 
The mission life is good. It’s hard work, but I’m really enjoying myself. Hope all is well, and that you all enjoy this holiday season!

Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment