Thursday, January 18, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 7/3 - Hello everyone!

This week had some good adventures and lessons learned, so I thought I'd share them with you. :)
Probably my favorite things that happened this week was yesterday during testimony meeting. I got to sit next to Alayla, Anastasia's 7 year old daughter, and she asked if she could go up to bear her testimony. Of course she can! So we talked about what she wanted to say, and then we went up right at the end of Sacrament meeting. She made me go first, which I kind of expected. But her testimony was seriously the cutest testimony ever! It went something like "I love Jesus and Heavenly Father, and they love me! I know they love me. And sometimes I read the Holy Bible to my family. It makes me happy. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen". It was the best testimony all day, because it was so simple and straight out of her little heart. What more do you need? We're loved, and we have the scriptures :).














Also this week, a mission buddy sent me a card, and on the front was the quote "Happiness must be grown in one's own garden". It's a quote I've heard/read a lot of times before, but this time it just hit me. And I have written it everywhere since then. I decided I'm meant to be a whole lot happier than I have been, and I'm going to start cultivating flowers of happiness and kindness instead of all the pessimistic thistles. :) Life is meant to be joyful and hopeful, so I'm going to make it be that way.
Oh! Also we got our transfer calls! Sister Hartman is leaving for the Spokane YSA ward tomorrow, and I'm staying in Plummer and taking Sister Hulsey with me! Sis. Hulsey is such a sweetheart, and a hard worker, and I'm excited to get to know her :). I think it'll be a fantastic transfer. I won't be the STL anymore, so no more meetings in Spokane for a while. But that will be ok, we don't have enough assigned miles for that anyways. We're just going to rock it in Plummer todos los dias.
Anastasia is still doing fantastic, and so is Johnothon. We go see them every day, and they always have good questions for us. We got to watch the Restoration video with them this week, and they really liked it. It was also a nice break for us ;) haha. 



And guess what guys! Moroni and Cynthia (the 10 and 8 year olds we are teaching) are on-date to be baptized on July 31! They want to be baptized on a Monday for some reason.... so we're going to roll with it. But we are super excited to finally see some progress in them. Moroni went from absolutely refusing to talk about baptism, to being chill with it. And Cynthia is out of her mind excited, she's way cute. We're going to work so hard to get everything to work out for them. :) Ah! Things are going good :).
Anyways, that's about it from me.
I love you all!
Sister Johnson

Also here are some pictures of Sis Hartman and I with the sword of Gryffindor. The members we ate with let us see it. It was pretty sweet.











And a picture of Sydra! One of the best young women ever. She made us each a cupcake. Mine was the super cute panda looking one. :)





And one more of me! We took a cute little back path the other day, because it was shady and we were tired. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment