Friday, January 26, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 12/18 - Hello again!

It's been a wonderful week here in Snowkane. I realized one benefit to snow, is that it doesn't seem quite so dark so fast, because the city lights reflect off the snow. So walking around is only dangerous because now the ground is ice, instead of because the streets are dark haha. 
Also today we got our transfer calls! And I'm headed to Grangeville, ID for Christmas! My new companion is Sister Sonenstahl, and she's literally one of my all time favorite people so this is going to be THE BEST. She'll go home in 6 weeks, so I'll probably take over the area and go home from Grangeville too. Cheers to the last area I'll have on my mission! (probably)
I loved this week though. Sister Lindsey is fantastic and we've had a lot of fun walking around in the snow to see everyone. We had a choir concert we got to sing a song in (there's a picture from the practice down there somewhere), we got to decorate sugar cookies and deliver them to a bunch of people, we got to bring Traci's 3 boys to their baptism interview and THEY ALL PASSED :D, and we've had lots of laughs and lots of good moments. Last year I hated the snow so much, but I think this year I'm learning to appreciate how pretty it makes everything. I uploaded a picture of our first snow, but on Friday we got something close to 8 inches. Most of it has melted now though. Hopefully we get some more for Christmas :). 
Oh and we got to go to the Addiction Recovery Program on Wednesday, and there was this quote on the wall that said "Risk: Winners don't wait for chances, they take them". I decided I want that to be my new life motto. I'm done waiting around, let's go take chances! 
Also on Wednesday, a lady talked about how all of us have "Christ-sized holes" in our lives and our hearts, and we have to decide whether we fill that hole with our Savior and his Atonement, or with all the other things the world will tell us to fill it with. Drugs, alcohol, sugar, sports, people, art, whatever..... it all won't fill that Christ sized hole, because it doesn't fit right. There's some food for thought, in case you were hungry ;). 
Anyways, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! I know I sure will. It's such a beautiful time of year to be a missionary, because everyone just feels a little closer to the Savior it seems. :) I'm so grateful to be a missionary again, guys. This is the best adventure I've gone on so far! 

I love you all! Feliz Navidad! :)
 
 





 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment