Friday, January 19, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 9/25 - I'm back! Hope you missed me. ;)

This week has been pretty weird, but I'll get to that in a minute.
 I want to say first, that Sister Blake and I will be staying together!! YAY! We are so excited about that. But.... we won't be staying in Plummer. We're going to a brand new ward (it just got created) in the Mt. Spokane area, called Morgan Acres, where supposedly we will be living with another set of sisters who are also sweeping into the area..... so nobody knows where we'll be living, or if we'll have a car or not, or if we'll even have mattresses..... The mission texted us all yesterday and asked if anyone has extra beds, because so many new missionaries are coming in that we don't have enough beds for everyone in storage or something. So that'll be an adventure tomorrow! Also, there aren't any missionaries following us in Plummer, so we have to super clean and shut down our apartment. Eventually they'll probably put missionaries back in, but we haven't heard anything about that yet. It makes me so sad that we saw so much growth here in this area, and now they're not even going to put any missionaries here to follow through with our plans. So, Elder Jackson in the St. Maries area, and his brand new trainee, will be able to take over Codey's baptism this coming Friday. At least he's one of my favorite elders, so I don't mind sharing our baptism with him. Elder St. John is going to the North Spokane stake to be a zone leader too! We're so proud of our elders, they have seriously been our best friends. We're going to miss them so much! 


Ok, so onto the rest of the week. 
Most of the week was pretty weird, and I feel like I can't really remember what happened. But it included eating lots of ice cream, and maybe a few tears. I'm really sad to be leaving Plummer, but at the same time, I'm satisfied that I left it better than I found it. The Lord has been so good to us here, even though sometimes it seemed kind of scary and challenging. 
We had a really good district meeting on Friday, where Elder St. John gave another change of heart training. But this time we got talking about how the Spirit, and spiritual experiences, are like a chemical reaction on our spirits. And once something has been chemically changed, it cannot go back to being what it once was. It'll either be a lot better, or a lot worse. And that's what we get to decide! When the Spirit works on us, we get to decide if we'll make ourselves better because of it, or if we'll ignore it and make ourselves worse. There is no "going back". It was a really cool idea. :) 
Also Codey is all set to be baptized on Friday!! I'm really sad I won't get to be there... but I'm so grateful to have met Codey. And I'm pretty sure the Williams family are going to be my new best friends forever too, so I'll probably see Codey again anyways :). 
Oh! And Women's session of conference was so good! It was really cool to me that every single talk was about being happy, even though things in the world are probably going to be a lot worse in the coming years. Being happy is something I've thought a lot about on my mission - it's been kind of my mission theme, you could say. So it made me smile to have some talks that felt so specifically for me :). President Uchtdorf talked about 3 sisters, Sad, Mad, and Glad, and I decided I want to be a Glad sister :). 
Anyways here are some pictures! 
Christina's kids like to wear our nametags :). Pretty sure they still have one of mine....



Also the elders brought us ice cream.... because they are literally the best. :) 




I hope you all have a fantastic week. I love you all!! :) 
Sister Johnson 


Hey Family!

So this week I actually had another adventure, but I didn't really feel like sharing it with the whole world because it's kind of weird....
So on Monday I woke up and my stomach felt really swollen and I had this weird pain in my abdomen. But the pain went away, and I just felt like, bloated. But on Wednesday I discovered that I could move something in my tummy, like it felt like I had a water balloon in there. I'll send a video of it, it's pretty bizarre. 
So by Thursday morning it hadn't gone away, so I called the mission nurse and she had me go to urgent care. And the doctor there had apparently never seen anything like that before, so he sent me to the hospital in St. Maries to get an ultrasound, which was pretty weird. And there I found out that I have 2 ovarian cysts! The one I can move is 12 cm across on my right ovary, and the other is 6ish cm across on my left one.The littler one is "hemorrhaginal" or something? So it might be bleeding..... I don't know.  Sister Blake and I named the big one Jesús ;) haha. We get to makes jokes about it, so that's been kind of funny at least. 
So anyways, I'm going to a special doctor today around 4 to see what needs to happen next. I wish I could call home and just talk about it, but alas, that's not allowed I guess. 
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be ok though! So don't worry too much about me or anything! I'm glad I get to stay with Sister Blake for the possible surgery and stuff. And sister Williams wants to come with me to the hospital, so I'll probably have some good people around. I'll keep you as updated as I can, because I  love you guys. :) 

here's the video, I don't know if you can see it very well, but that's the cyst I can move around, haha.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment