Friday, January 19, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 10/9 - Hello everyone!

So I've had more of an adventure than I bargained for this week... 
I am actually home now, in Mesa, Arizona for a quick minute! A couple of weeks ago I found out I would probably need surgery for some things, and last week they (the doctors and President Dymock and the mysterious "people of Salt Lake") decided I would need to return home for surgery, and finish out my mission after I recovered. So after a long couple of days of Sister Blake and I trying to pack everything back up for the third time that week, they shipped me home. But my family is the coolest, and I was in to see another doctor literally 2 hours after I landed in Phoenix, and I was in surgery by Thursday afternoon. Can you see how miraculous that was?? I can. So I've been on the recovery for a couple of days now, and everything seems to be going really well. I anticipate that I'll be able to come back to Spokane really soon, if not by the start of the next transfer (Nov. 9) then probably just before Christmas sometime :). Things are looking up around here! 
There are some serious benefits to having major surgery though. 
1. I literally never have to carry anything, or reach for anything, or pay for anything. I've been given unlimited permission to be a princess. 
2. If I eat ice cream or pudding all day, nobody even bats an eye. And if I have a craving for something, there are like 10 people who volunteer to drive to kingdom come and back to get me food. 
3. I'm going to get to crash at least 1 wedding that  I was low-key not invited to, and it's on my birthday. So pumped! 
4. I've been so blessed to realize how much I'm loved, here and on the mission. And let me tell you, there is nothing more priceless to me in my whole entire life, than to see how much worry and concern and love there is out there for me. I'm pretty 10/10 sure that I'm running off of the prayers of my friends and family, and I wouldn't trade that feeling of gratitude for anything. :) The world is so good, you guys. No matter what's going on, there is so much goodness around here. 

Anyways.... I think this email will keep working for a good little while. But if I'm home too long, you can find me on Facebook, or at my home email: miffmufferedmoof@gmail.com :) 
SLY all!! :) 
Sister Sarah Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment