Thursday, January 18, 2018

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 7/24 - Temple Trip, and talks

What's up,

We have had a pretty good week this week, we actually picked up a few
more investigators than we normally do, so that was nice. Even though
a lot of them aren't super solid it's nice to be able to have a few
more people to work with!

Really the highlight of the week was our temple trip with Lauryn. It
was the best temple trip I've had yet, we had such good fellowship.
The member that took us had a big van so we got 7 people in total come
with us. 3 youth came, honestly you can't tell the difference between
Lauryn and the rest of the youth she fits right in. It was just a good
mix of people, and Lauryn really enjoyed it! It was pretty neat to see
her respond to some of the questions that the sister missionaries
asked, she's pretty mature, and really understands the gospel,
especially since she's only been investigating for 2 months. She's an
investigator where I feel I was sent to this area just for her, which
is really cool. Me and Elder stucky seem to be the perfect elders for
her, it's funny how the Lord works sometimes

We had the Pioneer Day celebration on Saturday as well and it was a
lot of fun! I got to see some people from Glendora and everyone was
blown away that I have been out over a year, since that's where I
started my mission.

We have been picking up a lot of people that speak Arabic this week,
which is weird... because this is like the whitest area in all the
mission, we are trying to find people that can translate for us, we'll
see how that turns out.

Yesterday I gave a talk in church yesterday, on recount answers to our
prays. I am so surprised sometimes when I feel the spirit come over
me, something I haven't experienced much besides on my mission. When I
was up there talking I felt something I haven't really felt before, I
felt that there is something really great in me, something that I
don't even know yet, but if I keep slimy best that the Lord will help
refine me until I get there. I would like all of you to know that
there is something amazing and unique in all of us. We are involved in
something that is bigger and better than ourselves, and when we put
our life in the Lords hands he will shape us into what he needs. I
have a long way to go, but I'm grateful for the opportunity to become
better than I was before.

I was reading in Mark 4 today which reads:

36 And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he
was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.
37 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the
ship, so that it was now full.
38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and
they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we
perish?
39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace,
be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye
have no faith?
41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner
of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

This tells of when the disciples are in a ship, and a storm comes,
they fear for their lives and wake up the savior. The phrase that
stood out to me was " carest thou not that we perish?"  Sometimes I
know I have felt like that in my life, that the Lord doesn't care
about me or my situation or the little things that I struggle with or
am concerned about, the things that keep me up at night. I really like
the Lords response when he says "Why are ye so fearful? how is it that
ye have no faith?" And it hit me, have I forgot that the lord is in
control? He literally controls everything and so we don't have to
worry, do your best and everything will be okay. That's my testimony.

Hope you guys have a great week!

Love,
Elder LeBaron
614 West Foothill Blvd, Arcadia, CA, 91006

No comments:

Post a Comment