Thursday, January 18, 2018

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 6/20 - Zone conference, and Sumer dayz ☀

Hey everyone,

Sorry for not writing last week, or yesterday. Last week we had a lot
of stuff going on also with some wifi problems. We had Zone Conference
yesterday, which pushed our P day back a day.

Our zone conference was pretty good, but man I still can not get over
how long those meetings are, I'm always trying so hard the last hour
to stay focused. 6 hours is a long time people, but who's so planning
when it keeps you out of the heat? Also free lunch doesn't hurt
anyone. It was actually pretty cool to see a lady there that was from
the Glendora 3rd ward who was helping out to feed all the
missionary's. That was my first area, and it was cool to talk to her
after being out for a year. I think sometimes I forget just how many
people I get to Interact with and build close relationships with as a
missionary. That's definitely one of my favorite things. I was talking
to one of the missionaries that was serving in Glendora, and he said
that people in the ward, and people I had taught were still talking
about me! It made me feel pretty happy and gave me a feeling  of a
accomplishment. Being a missionary can be awesome sometimes.

This was our last zone conference with president Villanueva, it was a
pretty emotional meeting. I really like our little Mexican man that we
have. He is always super nice and gives everyone hugs. I'm going to
miss his accent, man he was a pretty good mission president, in just 9
days we will have a new president named Wells. He's from Salt lake so
pretty common Mission President haha. At the end of the meeting all
the sisters were crying, they all huddled up together and just cried
their eyes out, sisters sometimes man haha. Not to say I couldn't help
but feel a tear coming especially as we sang God be with you until we
meet again. But I stayed strong. No tears here Fam.

Well it's just about reaching the temperatures of hells armpit out
here. We've been hitting high 90's and low 100's out here. Pray for
me. I don't remember how I did this last year oh man, and it's only
going to get hotter. All I can think about as I'm pumping up this
monster hills is that my precious car was taken from me prematurely,
but it's okay because that anger gives me enough strength to get to
the top until my face ripens to a red tomato. I must be looking pretty
bad because everyone is giving us water out here, haha. Oh man I
looked in the mirror the other day when we got to a members house for
dinner, and I thought something was seriously wrong with me because of
how red my face was. It's not looking good people, but don't worry too
much, because this red face is just some unfortunate genetics, while
my comps over here looking fresh, barely breaking a sweat, his curly
hair set perfectly, not fair man.

La Verne is a super slow area, all these rich people man, but we have
2 baptismal dates which is pretty good, we're just not teaching a lot
out here. I'm just trying to survive  on the mean streets of the La
Verne streets, but someone has to do it right?

We did a lot of service this week, oh boy, I got burnt pretty bad,
from painting fences at the top of a steep hill holding onto the wet
fence for dear life trying to stop from falling to my death, to
weeding for a couple hours, to moving new people into the ward. It's
been a good week. In the words of a bishop I use to serve around "The
gospel is so freaking true" this church is amazing and I really feel
like I am growing so much and becoming something I never knew how to
become, put your life into the Lords hands and you will see miracles,
I can promise you that. Love you guys have a good week!

Elder LeBaron
614 West Foothill Blvd, Arcadia, CA 91006

No comments:

Post a Comment