Friday, January 19, 2018

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 9/25 - Brad Wilcox and New investigators

Well hello everyone!

I’m not sure how many people still read these, I try and keep them interesting, but sometimes the mission letters seem to be a little dry. But trust me, I’m doing my best to make things interesting, you never know what Elder LeBaron is getting himself into next, trying to keep ,self unpredictable you know? 

This week flew by! Holy cow, it seems like time is just flying right now, even though things have been pretty slow around here. Me and Elder Collings have been continuing the crazy amounts of teaching that we’ve been doing. It’s actually pretty cool, we picked up a guy this week named Marlon, he was looking pretty scary to be honest when we first saw him. There weren’t any street lights where we were. Marlon is this black guy from Alabama, he was sagging his pants super low with his hood up, it was just super sketchy, but me and Elder Collings have made a goal to talk to every person that we see. We pulled up to him on our bikes and and offered him a pamphlet, after a few minutes he opened up and he literally talked our ear off. We picked him up on Friday, taught him again on Saturday, we invited him to church, and so we saw him on Sunday again. He stayed all three hours, and then one of the high councilors asked him if he wanted to go to a fireside with Brad Wilcox. Marlon looked at us and just said, “well I might as well dedicate the rest of the day to the right?” And so he did. The fireside was out of our mission, but we called our president and got permission to go. It was so cool! Brad Wilcox is such a good speaker, I think that we were the only missionaries there. There were some topics that came up such as blacks and the Priesthood... me and Elder Collings winced a little when Brad started talking about that. He was pretty bold when talking about how this was the only true church , he made other churches seem so dumb for some of their beliefs. I was pretty scared that Marlon was going to stand up and walk out, we don’t know too much about his background. He ended really liking the talk and said “the spirit really confirmed some things to me” me and Collings just looked at each other like who is this guy? We have another lesson with him on Tuesday it seems like we might set another baptismal date soon for the month of October, good things to come! 

We picked up a few other people that seem promising. I’ve just been amazed at how our efforts have taken us so far. I’m not expecting to double our baptism, or for angels to come down, but I’m starting to see the little miracles God preforms for you when you are trying your best. We’ve been trying to meet goals, and set plans. I’m pretty excited to see what we can accomplish, we just gotta keep it up. Anyways I hope all of you have a good week! 

As always, keep on keeping on,

Elder LeBaron 
614 West Foothill Blvd, Arcadia, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment