Friday, January 26, 2018

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 12/18 - Transfers

Hello friends and family!

I know I have been pretty bad about sending out a weekly email, but I’m going to try and be a lot better in the upcoming weeks to keep you guys updated. Sometimes it’s hard to write emails and explain what’s going on, it seems like everything has just meshed into one event. 

There have been some changes going on, it feels like time is just going so fast I can’t keep track of the days. It’s already been a transfer since I picked up Elder McDaniel. Unfortunately, I got transferred to another area today, and I am now serving in Alhambra. I just want to stay in an area for a little bit, it feels like my last two just flew. I definitely wasn’t expecting to get transferred this time around... I was only in this area for 2 transfers, 3 months just isn’t enough time I feel. I really started to love the ward and the people I was working with. All I have to say is, I’m really loving the mission. It’s hard, there are the ups and the downs, but it’s been the best thing I’ve ever done. I think when you start getting comfortable that’s when president transfers you, what a bummer haha.

The area that I’m serving in is very Asian. We also cover parts of East L.A and Boyle Heights, I’ve driven through before, so I’m pretty excited. It’s ghetto around these parts. I’m ready, bring it on. 

It was pretty hard saying goodbye to all the members, but it was especially hard to say goodbye to one of my recent converts, Steve. I got pretty close to that guy. He was so good to me and my companions. I also will miss Elder McDaniel, I couldn’t have gotten a better son! (Trainee) I’m sad I won’t be able to finish his training, it’s okay, because one of my previous comps in the field and also in MTC, Elder collings, will finish his training. So that’s okay with me, technically I think that means he’s getting trained by his uncle? I’m not sure how that works, but anyways...  it’s all good. Just starving and thriving out here.

The Lord has really been blessing me a lot. I have been so humbled with how things have been going for me lately. I’m especially grateful for serving a mission. It’s kind of funny, because I already feel like I’m being blessed for my service even though I’m still doing it. I’m excited to see what the Lord has in store for me in the latter part of my mission. I’m trying to become the man he needs me to become. I hope that when I come back it seems like I changed at least a little bit haha. šŸ˜‚ I’m just getting adjusted to this area, but I’m expecting some good things from Alhambra! 

Elder LeBaron 
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment