Thursday, January 18, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 8/21 - I survived the week! It was really awesome!


Actually to be honest, it felt like the fastest week of my mission. And I'm going to attribute that 100% to my fabulous new companion, SISTER BLAKE! She is so excited to be a missionary and it makes the work so much easier. I'll send some pics of us watching the solar eclipse :)
Also this week, we have a new investigator! Her name is Kim and she is the sweetest lady ever. She made us banana bread, and asks really good questions, and says she's Catholic and we can't convert her... but my dad was Catholic too so that doesn't scare me. Haha! We had a really good Restoration lesson with her, and it really got her thinking about Heavenly Father and how he answers prayers and loves us so much. We were supposed to have another lesson with her yesterday, but she wasn't there, and probably forgot. We'll go back and see her this week though! :)
We've also made it a goal to knock at least 1 new door (where the missionaries have never really been or haven't written a name down for us to see or anything) every day, and that has been really fun :).
Other fantastic events this week included making a huckleberry pie with Christina, helping the elders for several hours to unload their investigators stuff into our community center in Plummer for their massive yard sale, having district meeting where the elders made us a delicious strawberry cheesecake, and stake conference! Our stake conference was really good, we had Elder Kopishke and his lovely wife, and they were so excited to be there. It was contagious :). They talked a lot about making ourselves holy, so we can always stand in holy places, and how we need to be good stewards over our time so we can report our works when we get back home to heaven. And there was a quote my Elder Neil L Anderson I really liked! I can't remember the whole thing and I can't find the reference.... but it went something like "Overcoming the world is over a lifetime, and defines an eternity". I liked the perspective that gave me :).
Anyways, nothing too crazy happened this week, so that was good. And Sis Blake and I have hit it off pretty well, so that was good too. And we have a fridge full of food, and that's good. And I finally got to the pile of letters that I needed to reply to, and that was good. Things are just really good! Ah! I love being a missionary. There's nothing like this. \
Alright picture time! So here are some pictures from Mine and Sis Hulsey's last pday together.
 
I miss this sister, but at least we went out with an adventure. We got to get "Gooeys" at the CDA resort,and walk the boardwalk in our tiny district. Look at the size of that ice cream! 
 
 
Then all 4 of us showed up to the zone pday in overalls, because we need to represent the boony half of our zone. Sister Hulsey and I were late to dinner, so we went in our overalls and got a picture with the Gearhardt's giant bear on the wall. :) 
I'll send more pics of the eclipse adventure really quick, just have to put it on another email.
But I love you all so much! I hope this week has been incredible for each of you! :) Keep on keeping on :)
Sister Johnson



 Here are the pictures of us, sitting on our tiny porch with our hair up in a mess, cuddling with Squiggy, our neighbor's cat, and sharing my sun viewing glasses to watch the eclipse this morning. We have wild parties here in Plummer ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment