Thursday, January 18, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 7/31 -M Hey guys! :)

A year ago today, I was frantically and excitedly packing to get ready to fly to Spokane in the morning. And look at me now! I'm still alive and I'm loving the mission. It's weird to look back on the entire year of missionary work.... here's to 6 more fantastic months of service :).
This week was great! We had Moroni and Cynthia's baptism on Tuesday, and everything worked out :). They were excited to be baptized. We had to scoop out a giant spider that fell into the font, though. That was gross. And Sis Hulsey and I didn't fill the font high enough, so Cynthia had to be dunked twice because her toes came up. But even though everything wasn't perfect, at least they had their gluten free cupcakes afterwards, since Moroni said he was most excited for the treats anyways ;) haha. Everything worked out, and we couldn't be happier.
Thursday I got to make a couple of huckleberry cream pies, and not to brag about myself or anything, but they were darn good. We brought one whole pie over to Anastasia's house, and this Celestial food making goddess told me that my pie was the best pie she had ever had. She said it was Celestial. I could have cried I was so happy. Haha way to go Mom for passing down the best pie recipe ever. If I can't make anything else, at least I can make a pie now. To be honest, it was kind of ugly, but who cares right? Haha I'll send a pic. Sister Hulsey also made the best fried chicken ever, and we brought our 2nd pie and her chicken to district meeting, where the elders made us homemade fries. It was the best district lunch party ever. We're making sure none of us is fat alone around here ;).
We got to teach Christine and Carlyle's family again, and I just love them so much! They even made it to church on Sunday, I am so impressed! Their 4 youngest kids are 3 and under, and then they have a 9 year old. But they stayed all 3 hours and everything went so well! They are dedicated if they're willing to bring everyone to church like that. I'm so excited for them :). We're going over tonight to read the Book of Mormon with them. It's going to be fantastic.
Also here is a shoutout to my real chum, SISTER MITCHELL, who is the only person I got a letter from this week. ;) Gotta love her.
This week I found another quote really inspiring so I decided to share it. It goes "My strength is as the strength of ten, because my heart is pure" by Alfred Lord Tennyson. When our hearts are pure and we're on the Lord's side, it doesn't matter our strength, because our God is stronger, and He will make us stronger too. :) It's been a good thing for me to remember and focus on this week, as we head out on the hunt for new investigators. Gotta teach 'em all!
I love you all so much! Here are some pictures from this week :)

The baptism was awesome! I'll get the actually pics of Moroni and Cynthia from Sis Hulsey, hold on a few minutes.






Still eating Ranier cherries. Fruit stands are the best!



Also my pie! The crumbly top part sank into the middle.... but it tasted just as good!


Also an appearance by Sis. Hulsey's fried chicken, which was pretty fantastic.


Hope you all have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment