Thursday, January 18, 2018

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 9/11 - Tracting and Bronchitis

Hello everyone!

Sorry, I've been pretty bad at the weekly email thing lately, there
hasn't been too much happening so I didn't think too much about
sending one out.

Well elder Collings has been sick for just about the last two weeks, I
can't even tell you how much time we've spent inside. I was pushing
elder Collings kind of hard at first, he kept telling me he thought he
was running a fever or wasn't feeling very well, but he seemed fine to
me, so I took that boy out in 112 degree heat. 😂 oh man looking back
I feel a little bad after we went to the doctors. The mission nurse
told him that he needed to take a day or two off, but as soon as that
was over I tried to get back out. He kept telling me he felt horrible,
but I thought he was just exaggerating, after awhile I didn't fight
him and let him stay inside. I told him that we needed to see a
doctor, and that's exactly what we did. As soon as we got there the
doctor was like "wow yeah you're running a fever right now"  the thing
about the mission is that any time that you waste you feel absolutely
horrible about doing it, and in my mind I saw that elder Collings
wasn't feeling super well, but I thought he was still good to work, I
felt a little better about letting him take breaks between
appointments. She told us that he had bronchitis and that we needed to
stay in for 3 days! Oh man that was hard, I'm grateful I had a few
things to keep me occupied, but I was starting to go a little crazy. I
honestly felt a little guilty for pushing my companion after knowing
he had bronchitis the whole time, but oh well, I regret nothing haha.

We have been doing a lot of tracting the last little bit, kind of my
idea around this whole thing is to go to the ghettoes of our area and
find apartment complexes to knock. Let me tell you, even in La Verne
there are a lot of crazy people! We've had to have knocked over 100
doors and there are some pretty... hm... interesting people you run
into. I have often found myself frustrated with a lot of people, for
their lack of willingness to listen to our message. After being out
for awhile it just seems so simple to me, people are just denying
themselves blessings when they deny us, and especially the message
that we bring. I never thought that I would be so bold with some
people, I'll explain what we do, teach them a little bit, most often
people will automatically tell us they don't have time or just flat
out tell us to never come back, earlier in my mission I would have
just given up, but now I explain to them again that this isn't just
any church or a different bible lesson, this is the true church of
Jesus Christ, this message is the only thing that will bring them true
happiness and peace in this life, there is no other place they can
turn to find salvation, it simply can not happen. Not very many people
will let me get to that point, but I want them to look me in the eyes
and again tell me they don't want us coming back. I find satisfaction
knowing that I did everything I could to help someone understand the
truth, and when they deny us at that point again at least I know they
knew of what they were missing out on when they close that door, or
walk away.

It's been kind of hard to get back into the swing of things after e.
Collings was sick, but were doing good now and just on that fine grind
all day. We have been picking up quite a few investigators, but no one
has really stuck, we've been dropping a lot of people. I'm so glad
that it has been cooling off, there was a week where it didn't break
110, whew I am never living in a hot place ever, and if I do, I'm
definitely not going to be a door to door sales man. Well, there's not
too much to talk about here other than Lauryn, the investigator we've
been teaching for a long time got a calling! She will be helping out
with the Halloween party, kind of a little thing but she's super
excited! We have kept trying to get her mom at lessons, but her mom
has not come over and over again, it's just typical at this point. Her
mom has softened up a lot, at the start she told Lauryn she was going
to kick her out if she got baptized, but now she won't support it, but
at least her and her mom will still have a relationship. It's been so
amazing to be able to work with Lauryn and see her progress and get
ready to be baptized, we officially set her date for October 28th,
that's what we've been planning on since June just waiting for her to
turn 18, she still hasn't told her mom about it yet p, but I know
everything will turn out. God is good always, but he's especially good
to his children that follow his commandments. Blessings always come,
in ways we don't always expect, but if we do what is right we will
always be blessed, that's something I've learned a lot about on my
mission so far.

Thanks for all the love and support, hope everyone has a good week!

Elder LeBaron

614 West Foothill Blvd, Arcadia, CA, 91006

No comments:

Post a Comment