Friday, January 26, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 1/1/2018 - HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D

It's so crazy to look back on 2017 and see how much happened! I've definitely learned a lot, and seen a lot, and put my whole heart and soul into a lot of things that I wouldn't have if I hadn't been on a mission. God knew what he was doing when He sent me out here to the Spokane mission. I'm so grateful I still have 10 weeks left. :) 
We had an alright week. There's not a lot going on here in Grangeville, so we're going to focus on finding some people who are looking for the Gospel. I still haven't met our most promising investigators, because it's just so darn hard to get out to where they live. But now that the holidays are over, and the snow is currently melting, we could have more chances at teaching them :). 
We did get to help sort clothes at the thrift store, and we read Chicken Soup stories to the elderly, and we got to help Lynn organize some of her garage! Those were my favorite things this week. But we also got to go to the ward game night.... even though we're not allowed to play boardgames. Haha but our neighbor, Ally came with us, so that was fun :). 
New Year's eve was pretty good too :). We got home from church and studied before we went to dinner with the Brunsons! They're the family that fed us breakfast on Christmas, and they're so cute. I love them. And then we decided to bring brownies to the Astle/Wannacot family, because their older son came to Gospel principles class  and made half a dozen of the best comments I've ever heard in a lesson on the sacrament. They played "Signs" with us because it's not a board game :) and it was fantastic! The two older boys might come play basketball with us and the elders later today, which will be super cool. We get to go all the way out to Kamiah for Pday (pronounced like Cami-eye haha). 
I'm really excited for the new year! I finished the Book of Mormon last night, and I'm ready to read it one more time before I go back home. I'm going to try to be more kind in what I say and do as well!! Somebody was talking on Sunday and said "Words have meanings, and meanings have results", and it made me think "Hm, Sistah J, you probs need to work on the words you use", so I'm going to do better! That's what the new year is for, little goals :). 

Also I attached some pictures of us at the park from sometime this week where we were just walking around. Families each pick a tree to decorate every year, it's pretty cute. :) 
 
 
 
 
 And here are a couple of pictures of Sister Sonenstahl and I walking home the other day in the snow. 
We decided to take a shovel with us so we didn't have to walk through 7+ inches of snow haha. Like human snow plows. 
 
 
 


Anyways I love you all!! Happy new year! Stay out of trouble, keep your chin up, and always been kind. See you all this year!! 
Love,
Sister Johnson 






No comments:

Post a Comment